2010年6月7日 星期一

D'Arry's Wineshop, Cambridge, UK (6th June 2010)


Unfortunately I have not really got the time to blog nowadays but that does not mean I have not been feasting. Feasting for me, is a non-stop pursuit in life!
I was in Cambridge last weekend for a short visit, and when it comes to dinning in Cambridge, two places spring straight to my mind and instantly stimulate start my salivary glands - one is the 2 Michelin starred Midsummer Hse by Daniel Clifford, and the other is D'Array wineshop.

I would loved to go back to Midsummer hse given the last two feasts I had there were one of the best (or shall I say two of the bests?) I've had till date. But for this occasion, it was the more affordable D'Array's.

I have had a few visits to the restaurant while I was in Cambridge for a year, and it never disappoint. D'Array simply tops my list for the best steak in Cambridge. Some shout "Brown's!!" - but come on.. I won't even bother commenting....
Despite catering the best steak for me, the wines are pretty tasty. A nice mildly spicy Shiraz takes the juicy, bloody, perfectly grilled ribeye to the next level. Though I have not tried all the wines on the list, but the chardonnay I've had previously was pretty good for a summery afternoon.

One sad thing was that I was too hungry when the steak arrived and the amazing aroma of the steak made me jumped on it straight away. And before I realised that I forgot to take a snap of the blessed steak. I had only one mouthful left!
Luckily I have snaps of my previous visits so I will sneakily use them for this blog...Anyway, highly recommened if you are ever in Cambridge - the portion is generous, nice service and most importantly £15 for a great steak! why go for the "rocky", fallible traditional roast?!

沒有留言:

張貼留言